校长来信 Principal's Message
First Day of School is 9/17/2016
August 16, 2016
I hope you have had a great summer so far. I have been sending emails to you all periodically throughout the summer but it has been a while since you received the last weekly principal's message. We are continuously working hard to prepare for a smooth start of the new school year. Here are some highlights of our school activities that have happened in the last 2 months or so:
- On 7/1/2016, Mr. Keping Hu (胡克平) was elected as the new chairperson of our school board of trustees for the new school year 7/1/2016-6/30/2017.
- On 7/6/2016, Ms. Hua (Laurie) Li （李华）was selected as the new board member of our school board of trustees. Her term is one year 7/1/2016-6/30/2017. See all new board members here: http://www.livingstonhuaxia.org/board/board.php
- On 7/21/2016, after several rounds of negotiations, on behalf of our school I signed the rental contract with Livingston BOE. The location is still the MPM/MPE complex.
- On 7/29/2016, the new school academic calendar for 2016-2017 was published online and sent to Livingston BOE. The first day of school is 9/17/2016. See the calendar details here: http://www.livingstonhuaxia.org/info/schoolCalendar.php
- On 8/7/2016, I attended the first principal's meeting hosted by Huaxia Headquarters. Principals from each branch exchanged ideas and discussed many topics.
- The new senior management team has been formed for the new school year 2016-2017:
- Principal: Mr. Daniel Yu（俞强）
- Vice Principal: Mr. Wei Chen （陈伟）
- Dean: Ms. Mu You （游牧）
- Vice Dean: Ms. Eileen Zhu （朱恩玲）
- We have also appointed group leaders for each teaching group:
- Ms. Yun Zhong （钟云）as the group leader for Standard Chinese
- Ms. Yimin You （游毅敏）as the group leader for MLP Chinese
- Ms. Xinping He （何心平）as the group leader for CSL
- In the past three weeks, we have ordered all the textbooks we need for the new school year based on the current enrollment numbers. Some of them have already been received and some of them are on the way.
- Due to the very low enrollment numbers for each Chinese class in the afternoon session (12:40--2:15) and some of the cultural classes, we have decided to cancel all afternoon Chinese classes and those cultural classes. For adult classes and cultural classes, I have finished their cancellation. The affected families should have received the cancellation notification emails. For the cancelled Chinese classes I will send out similar cancellation notification emails by tomorrow night 8/17. I hope this gives those affected families enough time to adjust their schedules before school starts.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!